Scott sees Shenley Village home
SHCL Division Three Shenley Village 189-7 beat Waltham X Rosedale 183-7 by three wickets SHENLEY Village continued their push for promotion with a three-wicket away win at Waltham X Rosedale. Shenley Village won the toss and put Waltham X Rosedale in to
SHCL Division Three
Shenley Village 189-7 beat Waltham X Rosedale 183-7 by three wickets
SHENLEY Village continued their push for promotion with a three-wicket away win at Waltham X Rosedale.
Shenley Village won the toss and put Waltham X Rosedale in to bat. The top order were soon removed with nobody scoring more than 10 runs.
The middle order steadied things, with Beverstock making 43no and Edwards 30, before being caught off the bowling of young Charlie Thurston.
They eventually made 183-7 off their 53 overs. Wendell Roberts was best of the bowlers, taking 3-43.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
In reply, Shenley made a poor start before Laney and Al-Darraji - batting at three and five - came together to make 31 apiece.
Despite their efforts, Shenley were struggling to reach the target when Steve Scott came to the crease, batting at number eight.
Well supported by Craig Rawlings and Rifkhan Hameed, Scott hit 41no to top-score and see Shenley home with four overs remaining.
The 30 points for the win moves Shenley back into the promotion zone in fourth place.
They will next play Division Three leaders Redbourn - at the Shenley Cricket Centre on Saturday, with a 1pm start.
Spectators are very welcome for this crucial game in the Division Three title race.