Sarratt too strong for 10-man Saints
Herts Senior County League Division One Sarratt 3 St Peter s 0 WITH two fine victories under their belt, St Peter s looked to continue their good form with a visit to Sarratt on Saturday. Unfortunately, the early season selection problems returned with ni
Herts Senior County League Division One
Sarratt 3 St Peter's 0
WITH two fine victories under their belt, St Peter's looked to continue their good form with a visit to Sarratt on Saturday. Unfortunately, the early season selection problems returned with nine squad members unavailable. Added to this was the late arrival of two players who somehow got themselves lost and manager Mitch Morris was forced to start the game with just 10 men.
They battled hard to restrict the home team to few clear-cut scoring chances, with 'keeper Chris Collings coming to the rescue when required.
You may also want to watch:
It took half an hour before the missing duo finally arrived, just in time to see their team concede a goal. Still a half-time scoreline of 1-0 was a magnificent effort, given that the Saints were defending the slope end. A few errors crept into the visitor's play after the break but, still battling, they made Sarratt work for their two second-half goals, although chances were a rarity going forward.
The final scoreline of 3-0 was somewhat harsh on the Saints who never really looked like causing a shock but deserved a lot of credit for giving Sarratt a good run for their money.
- 1 St Albans support Asian women through lockdown struggles
- 2 Drive-in cinema, comedy and music coming to Hertfordshire Showground
- 3 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
- 4 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 5 New community hub set to become a reality at last
- 6 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 7 Call for 20mph speed limits across district wins council support
- 8 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 9 Work set to begin on new Clarence Park playground
- 10 St Albans named among UK's million-pound property hotspots
A home game awaits the Saints this weekend when Hinton are the visitors to Lemsford with a 2pm kick off.