Harpenden’s Sarah McKenna ‘excited to return to Saracens’
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Harpenden’s Sarah McKenna is heading back to Allianz Park for a second spell with Saracens.
Capped 14 times by England, the former Redbourn Lane club’s junior has been turning out for the Red Roses sevens side.
But after impressive performances in the short-sided version of the game, the year-old feels it is time to return to the traditional 15-a-side field.
Speaking to the club’s website she said: “I’m really excited to return to Saracens, it’s somewhere I’ve felt I’ve played my best rugby.
“The club are at the forefront of the women’s game and pushing the envelope on and off the field.
You may also want to watch:
“I can’t wait to be a part of it and get stuck in to the 18/19 campaign to retain the title.”
She is not the only one making the switch from England’s sevens team to Allianz Park as she will be joined by Chantelle Miell.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Saracens head coach Alex Austerberry said: “To have two players commit to the club with the talent, experience and potential of Sarah and Chantelle is very exciting and a big indication of where we want to go as a club.
“They add real quality to an already talented group and they add additional dimensions to the way we want to play.
“Their experience will also be key off the field in helping shape and drive the culture and they very much compliment this.”