Saracens Wheelchair Rugby storm to top of the table
- Credit: RICKY CAHILL
Another successful weekend for Saracens Wheelchair Rugby Club in the second round of league competition saw them cling on to the top spot.
They had beaten Newport Dragons in game one 19-13 , Mac McLaren notching five of the Hatfield-based club's eight first-half tries, but they lost game number two 18-15 to Berkshire Banshees, former Beaumont School pupil, Jack Newman, among the scorers.
They picked themselves up to face Brighton Buccaneers and ran out 15-9 winners, Norman and McLaren again among the scorers with Michelle Bradford chipping in as well.
Their fourth and final match of the day saw them face their own development team, Saracens Wolfpack.
The second-string were minus a couple of senior players and it told in the final score, the firsts winning comfortably 26-3.
The rest of the day was a learning process for the Wolfpack who battled throughout.
It all means that Saracens remain top by virtue of a better head to head results, setting up a potential winner-takes-all deciding match at The Guttman Stadium at Stoke Mandeville on November 27.
- 1 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 5 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 Allinson ‘immensely proud’ despite St Albans City’s FA Cup exit
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Weiss rues missed chances in St Albans City FA Cup defeat