Saracens opt for experience against Munster as Mako Vunipola returns
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mark McCall has opted for experience as Saracens take on Munster in the semi-final of the Heineken Champions Cup.
The Sarries’ director rugby has been 10 changes to the starting side from the one that began in the defeat to Bristol Bears on Saturday.
It means there is no place in the Ricoh Arena showdown for former Old Albanian pair Nick Isiekwe and Max Malins or Harpenden’s Ralph Adams-Hale.
George Kruis will make his 50th European appearance while scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth’s long-awaited return from injury will see him to a century of games in Europe off the bench.
Captain Brad Barritt has also recovered from an ankle injury to slot back in at inside-centre alongside Alex Lozowski.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Liam Williams comes back in on the wing while Ben Spencer and Owen Farrell are the half-back pairing.
American international Titi Lamositele keeps his place in the front row and is joined by Mako Vunipola, making his first Sarries appearance since January, and Jamie George.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Maro Itoje partners Kruis in the boiler and Billy Vunipola starts at number eight.
Sarcens: Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, Titi Lamositele, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Mike Rhodes, Jackson Wray, Billy Vunipola, Ben Spencer, Owen Farrell, Liam Williams, Brad Barritt, Alex Lozowski, Sean Maitland, Alex Goode.
Replacements: Joe Gray, Richard Barrington, Vincent Koch, Will Skelton, Schalk Burger, Richard Wigglesworth, Nick Tompkins, David Strettle.