Saracens opt for experience against Munster as Mako Vunipola returns
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mark McCall has opted for experience as Saracens take on Munster in the semi-final of the Heineken Champions Cup.
The Sarries’ director rugby has been 10 changes to the starting side from the one that began in the defeat to Bristol Bears on Saturday.
It means there is no place in the Ricoh Arena showdown for former Old Albanian pair Nick Isiekwe and Max Malins or Harpenden’s Ralph Adams-Hale.
George Kruis will make his 50th European appearance while scrum-half Richard Wigglesworth’s long-awaited return from injury will see him to a century of games in Europe off the bench.
Captain Brad Barritt has also recovered from an ankle injury to slot back in at inside-centre alongside Alex Lozowski.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Liam Williams comes back in on the wing while Ben Spencer and Owen Farrell are the half-back pairing.
American international Titi Lamositele keeps his place in the front row and is joined by Mako Vunipola, making his first Sarries appearance since January, and Jamie George.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
Maro Itoje partners Kruis in the boiler and Billy Vunipola starts at number eight.
Sarcens: Mako Vunipola, Jamie George, Titi Lamositele, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Mike Rhodes, Jackson Wray, Billy Vunipola, Ben Spencer, Owen Farrell, Liam Williams, Brad Barritt, Alex Lozowski, Sean Maitland, Alex Goode.
Replacements: Joe Gray, Richard Barrington, Vincent Koch, Will Skelton, Schalk Burger, Richard Wigglesworth, Nick Tompkins, David Strettle.