Saracens well and truly back on the winning trail after Gloucester success
- Credit: DANNY LOO
Memories of a first defeat in the Premier 15s are well and truly behind Saracens after another thumping win - this one at home to Gloucester-Hartpury.
The reverse to Exeter Chiefs at the end of January was their first in this year's campaign but they followed up a 73-3 mauling of Darlington Mowden Park with this 36-10 at the Copthall Stadium.
Poppy Cleall scored twice with Rocky Clark and Deborah Fleming getting one each.
Saracens' skipper, Welwyn Garden City's Lotte Clapp, bagged the fourth of the five tries while another product of Welwyn Rugby Club, Zoe Harrison, kicked five points.
Harpenden's Sarah McKenna also added three points with the boot as did Holly Aitchison.
Clapp's score saw her use her pace to collect Chantelle Miell's looping pass with McKenna's conversion coming from the touchline.
The result leaves seven points clear of Loughborough Lightning, and with a game in hand, and eight points ahead of Harlequins.
- 1 Injunction served on Redbourn site to prevent any development
- 2 Hundreds of trees felled on Green Belt site 'to make way for travellers camp'
- 3 'Out of touch' government demands more houses in St Albans
- 4 PTA gifts a bear to more than 300 pupils to commemorate return to school
- 5 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 6 Man assaulted in 'unprovoked attack in broad daylight' in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Knebworth
- 8 Alban Arena becomes COVID-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Protected wildlife site polluted by diesel dumping
- 10 Man in his 40s dies after crash between bus and car
Their next game is away to Wasps on February 27.