Saracens star Owen Farrell named in new-look England EPS
Farrell one of nine new faces in England elite player squad
RUGBY UNION: OWEN Farrell has been named in interim England coach Stuart Lancaster’s 32-man Elite Player Squad.
The former St George’s School pupil is one of nine new faces in the squad as Lancaster looks to overhaul the squad that failed so miserably in last year’s Rugby World Cup.
Farrell has shot to fame in the last 12 months with his performances for Saracens and was part of the Sarries squad that won the Aviva Premiership title for the first time.
The uncapped 20-year-old can operate at either fly-half or inside centre and will link up with his father Andy, who was recently appointed England’s attack coach.
You may also want to watch:
England begin their RBS Six Nations title defence on Saturday, February 4, when they take on Scotland at Murrayfield.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall