Saracens star Owen Farrell handed England debut in RBS 6 Nations clash with Scotland
Former Harpenden schoolboy to make England bow in Calcutta Cup
OWEN Farrell will make his England debut when England take on Scotland in the opening round of this year’s RBS 6 Nations this Saturday.
The former St George’s Schoolboy is one of three uncapped players to be handed their debut by interim head coach Stuart Lancaster, with Saracens’ teammate Brad Barritt and Northampton Saints’ Phil Dowson the other two.
Farrell is one of five Saracens stars in the England XV alongside Mouritz Botha, Charlie Hodgson, David Strettle and Barritt with prop Matt Stevens on the bench.
The Calcutta Cup clash kicks off at Murrayfield is 5pm.
England: Ben Foden (Northampton Saints); Chris Ashton (Northampton Saints); Owen Farrell (Saracens), Brad Barritt (Saracens), David Strettle (Saracens); Charlie Hodgson (Saracens); Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers); Alex Corbesierio (London Irish), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers); Mouritz Botha (Saracens), Tom Palmer (Stade Francais); Tom Croft (Leicester), Chris Robshaw (Capt - Harlequins), Phil Dowson (Northampton Saint).
Replacements: Rob Webber (Wasps), Matt Stevens (Saracens), Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers), Ben Morgan (Scarlets), Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints), Jordan Turner-Hall (Harlequins), Mike Brown (Harlequins).
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages