Saracens star Owen Farrell handed England debut in RBS 6 Nations clash with Scotland
Former Harpenden schoolboy to make England bow in Calcutta Cup
OWEN Farrell will make his England debut when England take on Scotland in the opening round of this year’s RBS 6 Nations this Saturday.
The former St George’s Schoolboy is one of three uncapped players to be handed their debut by interim head coach Stuart Lancaster, with Saracens’ teammate Brad Barritt and Northampton Saints’ Phil Dowson the other two.
Farrell is one of five Saracens stars in the England XV alongside Mouritz Botha, Charlie Hodgson, David Strettle and Barritt with prop Matt Stevens on the bench.
The Calcutta Cup clash kicks off at Murrayfield is 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
England: Ben Foden (Northampton Saints); Chris Ashton (Northampton Saints); Owen Farrell (Saracens), Brad Barritt (Saracens), David Strettle (Saracens); Charlie Hodgson (Saracens); Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers); Alex Corbesierio (London Irish), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers); Mouritz Botha (Saracens), Tom Palmer (Stade Francais); Tom Croft (Leicester), Chris Robshaw (Capt - Harlequins), Phil Dowson (Northampton Saint).
Replacements: Rob Webber (Wasps), Matt Stevens (Saracens), Geoff Parling (Leicester Tigers), Ben Morgan (Scarlets), Lee Dickson (Northampton Saints), Jordan Turner-Hall (Harlequins), Mike Brown (Harlequins).
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend