Saracens confirm Melrose 7s inclusion
- Credit: Archant
SARACENS have confirmed it will be competing in this year’s Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens.
More than 12,000 rugby fanatics will travel from areas across the UK and beyond to watch rugby teams hailing from as far as France and India compete in the tournament.
English Premiership competitors and 2012 winners Saracens will battle against other esteemed rugby clubs for the 2013 winner’s title and coveted Ladies Cup.
The tournament, sponsored by Aberdeen Asset Management, is known as the world’s oldest and most famous rugby sevens contest and originated in Melrose 130 years ago.
Special attractions and entertainment can be found on and off the pitch for the duration of the tournament ensuring the Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens is the ideal day out for families as well as sporting fans.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for this family event, which are available via the website www.melrose7s.com cost from £10 for children under 15, from £15 for senior citizens and between £20 and £40 for adults. You can follow the Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens build up on Facebook at www.facebook.com/melrosevens or twitter: @melrosevens.
To find out more about the Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens visit www.melrose7s.com.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 7 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 8 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 9 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site