Saracens confirm Melrose 7s inclusion
- Credit: Archant
SARACENS have confirmed it will be competing in this year’s Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens.
More than 12,000 rugby fanatics will travel from areas across the UK and beyond to watch rugby teams hailing from as far as France and India compete in the tournament.
English Premiership competitors and 2012 winners Saracens will battle against other esteemed rugby clubs for the 2013 winner’s title and coveted Ladies Cup.
The tournament, sponsored by Aberdeen Asset Management, is known as the world’s oldest and most famous rugby sevens contest and originated in Melrose 130 years ago.
Special attractions and entertainment can be found on and off the pitch for the duration of the tournament ensuring the Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens is the ideal day out for families as well as sporting fans.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for this family event, which are available via the website www.melrose7s.com cost from £10 for children under 15, from £15 for senior citizens and between £20 and £40 for adults. You can follow the Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens build up on Facebook at www.facebook.com/melrosevens or twitter: @melrosevens.
To find out more about the Aberdeen Asset Management Melrose Sevens visit www.melrose7s.com.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years