Saracens and Old Albanian winger Ali Crossdale picked for England U20 at World Championship
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Ali Crossdale has been named as part of the 28-man England U20 squad for the World Rugby Championship.
The Saracens winger is also registered with the Woollams club and will be an important part of head coach Steve Bates’ plan having been part of the team beaten by New Zealand in last year’s final.
This year’s event, which starts on Wednesday, will be held in France with Narbonne, Perpignan and Beziers the host cities.
Bates said: “We saw real glimpses of what this team is capable of during the Six Nations, and I was proud of the way they performed.
“The challenge for us now is to consistently play high-intensity, high-tempo rugby and to turn up the heat on our opposition for the full 80 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“The message going into this tournament is we are expecting much more of the players as individuals and a team and although we have a proud history, we want to leave our own legacy.”
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 8 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match