Saracens and Old Albanian winger Ali Crossdale picked for England U20 at World Championship
- Credit: Archant
Old Albanian Ali Crossdale has been named as part of the 28-man England U20 squad for the World Rugby Championship.
The Saracens winger is also registered with the Woollams club and will be an important part of head coach Steve Bates’ plan having been part of the team beaten by New Zealand in last year’s final.
This year’s event, which starts on Wednesday, will be held in France with Narbonne, Perpignan and Beziers the host cities.
Bates said: “We saw real glimpses of what this team is capable of during the Six Nations, and I was proud of the way they performed.
“The challenge for us now is to consistently play high-intensity, high-tempo rugby and to turn up the heat on our opposition for the full 80 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“The message going into this tournament is we are expecting much more of the players as individuals and a team and although we have a proud history, we want to leave our own legacy.”
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson