Sandridge slip up against Reed
Murphy’s four wicket haul can’t lead Sandridge to victory
SHL Division 6
Sandridge 176 Reed II 177-7
Reed II won by three wickets
AFTER an opening day victory Sandridge went into their game against Reed II with some justifiable confidence.
You may also want to watch:
Winning the toss and batting first Adam Temple (20) enabled a positive start. Ian Merryfield (23) kept the momentum going but the loss of three quick wickets meant that Lennie Peters (38) and Rob Corran (22) had to dig in. Their partnership of 55 laid the foundations for some sensible late batting from Rick Panting and John Murphy and an all out score of 176 was a reasonable return.
Reed’s reply did not start well as early wickets for Murphy and Peters exposed the middle order. A couple of difficult chances went down and this proved costly as Reed were able to maintain a good run rate and ultimately got home with three wickets to spare.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Peters bowled with typical guile for his 2-40 and John Murphy picked up four wicket including a spell that saw him bowling for a hat-trick three times in this innings. He took two wickets in his last two deliveries last weekend and twice took two wickets in consecutive balls in this innings.