Sandridge slip up
SHL Division Five Sandridge 116 lost to Parkfield by four wickets SANDRIDGE slipped to defeat after they were unable to defend their modest total. On a track that offered plenty of assistance to the bowlers, openers Pete Camm and Adam Temple battled hard
SHL Division Five
Sandridge 116 lost to Parkfield by four wickets
SANDRIDGE slipped to defeat after they were unable to defend their modest total.
On a track that offered plenty of assistance to the bowlers, openers Pete Camm and Adam Temple battled hard and, after 17 overs, had put 50 on the board.
The Parkfield attack was becoming frustrated and it appeared that Sandridge had done all the hard work but then in a matter of a few overs, Camm was bowled and then Norman and Coran went cheaply.
This brought Steve Thomas to the wicket and it seemed that Sandridge had steadied the ship, but a disastrous run out saw Temple go and from then it was all downhill as a procession of wickets fell as Sandridge finished on 116 all out.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
Sandridge took the field after tea and immediately Lawrence White struck bowling the Parkfield opener.
Dave Muskett then followed up with two wickets in two balls and at this stage Parkfield were tottering at 16-3.
Sandridge continued to beat the bat but defending the total was always going to be tough.
White (4-70) and Muskett (2-36) continued to bowl well and, despite a further three wickets falling to White, Sandridge gallantly went down losing by four wickets.