Sandridge share spoils
Saracens Herts League Division 5 Botany Bay 212-5 drew with Sandridge 196-9 HAVING lost their first two games of the season, Sandridge did well to come away from Saturday s game with a draw. Skipper John Murphy won the toss and asked Botany Bay to bat.
Saracens Herts League Division 5
Botany Bay 212-5 drew with Sandridge 196-9
HAVING lost their first two games of the season, Sandridge did well to come away from Saturday's game with a draw.
Skipper John Murphy won the toss and asked Botany Bay to bat.
You may also want to watch:
Their openers put on 120 for the first wicket , but then Adam Temple (3-66) and Dave Corran (3-63) struck back and had the home side struggling.
However a succession of catches went down which resulted in Botany Bay declaring at 212-5.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 7 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 8 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 9 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Sandridge openers Adam Temple (44) and Pete Camm (59), put on a 106 run partnership for the first wicket and had seemed to set up the platform for the run chase, but a middle order collapse halted the charge.
Ian Merryfield (26) and Kim Nguyen (19) tried to get the run chase back on but with overs running out, Sandridge had to settle for a draw at 196 -9.
Captain Murphy said afterwards: "Our fielding possibly cost us the game, and we will be putting in some extra practice before next week.