Sandridge share spoils
Saracens Herts League Division 5 Botany Bay 212-5 drew with Sandridge 196-9 HAVING lost their first two games of the season, Sandridge did well to come away from Saturday s game with a draw. Skipper John Murphy won the toss and asked Botany Bay to bat.
Saracens Herts League Division 5
Botany Bay 212-5 drew with Sandridge 196-9
HAVING lost their first two games of the season, Sandridge did well to come away from Saturday's game with a draw.
Skipper John Murphy won the toss and asked Botany Bay to bat.
You may also want to watch:
Their openers put on 120 for the first wicket , but then Adam Temple (3-66) and Dave Corran (3-63) struck back and had the home side struggling.
However a succession of catches went down which resulted in Botany Bay declaring at 212-5.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
Sandridge openers Adam Temple (44) and Pete Camm (59), put on a 106 run partnership for the first wicket and had seemed to set up the platform for the run chase, but a middle order collapse halted the charge.
Ian Merryfield (26) and Kim Nguyen (19) tried to get the run chase back on but with overs running out, Sandridge had to settle for a draw at 196 -9.
Captain Murphy said afterwards: "Our fielding possibly cost us the game, and we will be putting in some extra practice before next week.