Sandridge rue missed chances in draw with St Albans 2s
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge were left to rue missed chances in a draw with St Albans 2s in Saracens Herts Division Four B.
Sandridge were looking to keep in touch with leaders Flitwick and put space between them and third placed St Albans as they made the short journey to Clarence Park.
Peter Camm and Adam Temple started cautiously with the low bounce causing a few issues, especially from the opposition skipper, Uttam Vijender, who bowled a tight and economical line.
Progress was steady if unspectacular, the opening pair nearly achieving the century partnership until Camm was caught off leg spinner Ruan Erasmus for a solid 40. Temple completed his first century in three seasons to propel Sandridge to 255.
The home team started their chase brightly as both opening bowlers struggled with their lengths, reaching 35 in just the seventh over when Lawrence White pinned Mike Curtisin front of his stumps and then bowled his replacement, Shantanu Jadhav, in his next over. St Albans quickly slipped to 58-5 off 20 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Rothery rotated his bowlers, striving for the breakthrough that would deliver the 30 points but it did not come and Sandridge were left to rue not claiming the couple of half chances that were offered.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site