Sandridge rue missed chances in draw with St Albans 2s
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge were left to rue missed chances in a draw with St Albans 2s in Saracens Herts Division Four B.
Sandridge were looking to keep in touch with leaders Flitwick and put space between them and third placed St Albans as they made the short journey to Clarence Park.
Peter Camm and Adam Temple started cautiously with the low bounce causing a few issues, especially from the opposition skipper, Uttam Vijender, who bowled a tight and economical line.
Progress was steady if unspectacular, the opening pair nearly achieving the century partnership until Camm was caught off leg spinner Ruan Erasmus for a solid 40. Temple completed his first century in three seasons to propel Sandridge to 255.
The home team started their chase brightly as both opening bowlers struggled with their lengths, reaching 35 in just the seventh over when Lawrence White pinned Mike Curtisin front of his stumps and then bowled his replacement, Shantanu Jadhav, in his next over. St Albans quickly slipped to 58-5 off 20 overs.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Rothery rotated his bowlers, striving for the breakthrough that would deliver the 30 points but it did not come and Sandridge were left to rue not claiming the couple of half chances that were offered.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works