Sandridge Rovers reveal new manager
SANDRIDGE Rovers chairman Nigel Rump has announced that Bob Fowler and Marc Andrews will form the management team for the upcoming season.
The Herts Senior County League side had been on the lookout for a new manager since Paul Tomkins informed the club he was stepping down at the end of the season. He has moved to St Margaretsbury to take over as reserve team manager.
Fowler is not a new face for the club having acted as press officer during Alan Ring’s tenure. When Ring stepped down Fowler became involved on the management side, taking charge of the third team and then the reserves and bringing through some talented youngsters until the end of the 2007/08 season.
He moved to Harpenden Rovers and then Harpenden Town as manager, a role he held until he announced his retirement from amateur football a few weeks ago.
Andrews is a Sandridge residents and was playing for, and captaining, the side when Fowler initially arrived. His playing career had started with Sandridge before moving up to Leighton Town and returning to his roots in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The pair formed a management duo at Harpenden Rovers and Harpenden Town and will do so again at Sandridge for the forthcoming season.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital