Sandridge Rovers reveal new manager
SANDRIDGE Rovers chairman Nigel Rump has announced that Bob Fowler and Marc Andrews will form the management team for the upcoming season.
The Herts Senior County League side had been on the lookout for a new manager since Paul Tomkins informed the club he was stepping down at the end of the season. He has moved to St Margaretsbury to take over as reserve team manager.
Fowler is not a new face for the club having acted as press officer during Alan Ring’s tenure. When Ring stepped down Fowler became involved on the management side, taking charge of the third team and then the reserves and bringing through some talented youngsters until the end of the 2007/08 season.
He moved to Harpenden Rovers and then Harpenden Town as manager, a role he held until he announced his retirement from amateur football a few weeks ago.
Andrews is a Sandridge residents and was playing for, and captaining, the side when Fowler initially arrived. His playing career had started with Sandridge before moving up to Leighton Town and returning to his roots in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The pair formed a management duo at Harpenden Rovers and Harpenden Town and will do so again at Sandridge for the forthcoming season.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism