Sandridge maintain excellent away record
‘Ridgers complete five wicket win at Hertford III
SHL Division Six
Hertford III 252-7d
Sandridge win by five wickets
You may also want to watch:
SANDRIDGE maintained their 100 per cent away record and third place in the league with an impressive win at Hertford III on Saturday.
Bowling first an early wicket for John Murphy brought Hertford’s Murrel to the crease and he dominated the Hertford batting with 132.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
Despite Dave Muskett’s good line and length and Lennie Peters’ 3-76 the ball found the boundary too often from a Sandridge perspective.
Rick Panting took a wicket with his first ball and bizarrely hit the stumps with his second only for the bails to bounce up and back down again onto the stumps.
Sandridge have been batting with real confidence this summer and Adam Temple (25) made sure of a positive start.
Paul Rothery (38) continued his good form in a partnership of 62 with Peter Camm.
With Rothey dismissed Ian Merryfield once again mixed his big shots with skilful placement in his 50.
Merryfield’s partnership of 60 with Camm (56) pushed the ‘Ridgers above the target rate.
Peters (40) maintained that and the game was won with Paul Goodchild and Andy Norman at the crease.
This was an excellent all round team effort from Sandridge.