Sandridge maintain excellent away record
‘Ridgers complete five wicket win at Hertford III
SHL Division Six
Hertford III 252-7d
Sandridge win by five wickets
You may also want to watch:
SANDRIDGE maintained their 100 per cent away record and third place in the league with an impressive win at Hertford III on Saturday.
Bowling first an early wicket for John Murphy brought Hertford’s Murrel to the crease and he dominated the Hertford batting with 132.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Despite Dave Muskett’s good line and length and Lennie Peters’ 3-76 the ball found the boundary too often from a Sandridge perspective.
Rick Panting took a wicket with his first ball and bizarrely hit the stumps with his second only for the bails to bounce up and back down again onto the stumps.
Sandridge have been batting with real confidence this summer and Adam Temple (25) made sure of a positive start.
Paul Rothery (38) continued his good form in a partnership of 62 with Peter Camm.
With Rothey dismissed Ian Merryfield once again mixed his big shots with skilful placement in his 50.
Merryfield’s partnership of 60 with Camm (56) pushed the ‘Ridgers above the target rate.
Peters (40) maintained that and the game was won with Paul Goodchild and Andy Norman at the crease.
This was an excellent all round team effort from Sandridge.