Sandridge held by Flitwick II
‘Ridgers hold on to third place
SHL Division Six
Flitwick II 212-8 Sandridge 185-6
SANDRIDGE were unable continue their good habit of chasing down opposition totals this season against Flitwick II on Saturday despite collecting 16 points to maintain third place.
You may also want to watch:
Sandridge were not unhappy at being asked to bowl first and making a welcome return Lawrence White picked up a wicket in his first over. Flitwick put on 80 runs before the next wicket fell to Dave Muskett (2-43) who along with Rick Panting (1-28) and Lennie Peters (3-26) bowled with accuracy to put the pressure back onto the Flitwick batsman.
At 169-7 the ‘Ridgers were hopeful of a sub 200 score to chase but some sensible late order hitting pushed the final score to 212. Despite batting with real confidence this season Sandridge struggled to get the run rate up to the required rate in part due to disciplined bowling lines and defensive fields.
- 1 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 2 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 3 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 10 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
Peter Camm and Adam Temple provided a solid platform before Temple twisted his knee and was forced to retire hurt on 25. The in-form Paul Rothery (41) joined Camm (72) who was the first wicket to fall at 135.
Peters, Goodchild and White did their best to push the score up but with boundaries hard to find and a couple of run outs ensuing the chase was called off with two overs remaining.