Sandridge frustrated by Letchworth
SHL Division Six
Letchworth III 183-7
SANDRIDGE were frustrated at Letchworth III on Saturday despite once again playing the better cricket of the match.
Having lost the toss again the ‘Ridgers were asked to bat first on a wicket made damp by the overnight rain and soon found themselves three down for 47.
A 58-run partnership in good time between Paul Rothery and Lennie Peters gave the initiative back to the batting side and when Peters went for 26 Kevin Murphy joined Rothery who continued to play positively for his 65. When he was dismissed in the 33rd over Kevin Murphy ensured that the remaining overs were used allowing Dave Muskett to add 25* including six huge 6s at the end of the innings.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 7 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 8 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 9 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 10 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
The Letchworth reply started well for Sandridge with Lawrence White (3-65) picking up three quick wickets and Lennie Peters (3-41 from 19 overs) one from the other end. With his side four down for less than 40 the Letchworth skipper dug in and along with his partner defied the Sandridge bowlers. Rick Panting eventually got the breakthrough although Letchworth were now well behind the rate so some generous field placements were employed in an attempt to generate some arial shots. With Sandridge confident they were not going to lose they were able to pick up a couple more wickets but were not able to force a win they really wanted to maintain their top four position in the league.