Sandridge forced to settle for a draw; earn max batting points
Sandridge had to settle for a draw against Bishop’s Stortford on Saturday, but they did earn bonus points from their best batting display of the season.
Sandridge were put into bat and after losing Adam Temple (29) to a loose drive, Rothery and Merryfield took the score to 93.
The visitors then struck back with the quick wickets but Camm and Merryfield steadied the ship with the latter continuing his good early season form with a well crafted 46 before falling LBW.
Williams added a quick fire 25 as Sandridge posted 210, their highest score of the season and maximum batting points.
In reply, the hosts struck quickly courtesy of Rothery, Williams and Peters.
You may also want to watch:
Stortford’s number three, though, was in for the long haul, and despite wickets falling around him - Murphy took three to leave the visitor’s 96-6 - he managed to bat out for the draw, scoring an unbeaten 34 from 40 overs.
The visitors limping to a disappointing 145 from their alloted overs.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall