Sandridge forced to settle for a draw; earn max batting points
Sandridge had to settle for a draw against Bishop’s Stortford on Saturday, but they did earn bonus points from their best batting display of the season.
Sandridge were put into bat and after losing Adam Temple (29) to a loose drive, Rothery and Merryfield took the score to 93.
The visitors then struck back with the quick wickets but Camm and Merryfield steadied the ship with the latter continuing his good early season form with a well crafted 46 before falling LBW.
Williams added a quick fire 25 as Sandridge posted 210, their highest score of the season and maximum batting points.
In reply, the hosts struck quickly courtesy of Rothery, Williams and Peters.
You may also want to watch:
Stortford’s number three, though, was in for the long haul, and despite wickets falling around him - Murphy took three to leave the visitor’s 96-6 - he managed to bat out for the draw, scoring an unbeaten 34 from 40 overs.
The visitors limping to a disappointing 145 from their alloted overs.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans