Sandridge earn draw
Saracens Herts League Division 5 Sandridge 209-9 drew with Hatfield Crusaders 213-7 STILL seeking their first win of the season, Sandridge fell just five runs short in a thrilling run chase. Hatfield Crusaders won the toss and elected to bat first. Openi
Saracens Herts League Division 5
Sandridge 209-9 drew with Hatfield Crusaders 213-7
STILL seeking their first win of the season, Sandridge fell just five runs short in a thrilling run chase.
Hatfield Crusaders won the toss and elected to bat first.
You may also want to watch:
Opening bowler David Muskett (2-27) made inroads in a tight eleven over spell that reduced the visitors to 66-5.
However once again Sandridge failed to press home their advantage and despite a good spell of spin bowling by Dave Corran (2-67), Hatfield Crusaders recovered to 213-7.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
In reply Sandridge lost opener Adam Temple (11) early on but then a 100 run partnership between Dave Camm (41) and Ian Merryfield (70) put Sandrige back on track.
Merryfield's innings included 12 fours and two sixes and was one of the best innings seen down at The Ridge for many years.
Once again the middle order failed to capitalise on a great start and despite some lusty blows towards the end, the sides had to settle for a draw as Sandridge finished just short on 209-9.