Sandridge beat Harpenden 3s by five wickets
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge picked up a five wicket win over Harpenden 3s in Saracens Herts Division Four B.
Lenny Peters carried his bat for a match-winning 44 as Sandridge chased down Harpenden’s 169-8, the innings closing on 173-5.
Bowling first, Lawrence White and John Murphy bowled miserly spells, conceding just five runs off the first five overs before the first boundary doubled the tally in the sixth.
They couldn’t find the breakthrough and it took the introduction of spinner Peters for the home side to finally break the opening partnership.
Peters further cemented his place at the top of the wickets chart with 3-34 and Daniel Williams took 2-21 and Duncan Ferguson claimed his 12th dismissal of the season.
You may also want to watch:
In complete contrast to the Harpenden innings, newly promoted opener Paul Rothery and Adam Temple shot out of the blocks and rattled up 42 off the first five overs.
Rothery had rattled along to 47 before being given out LBW, with the score on 72 off just 16 overs. Harpenden managed to take four more wickets but Peters steadily ate away at the required runs in his match-winning knock.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend