Sandridge 2s take seven catches in win
- Credit: Archant
Catches win matches and Sandridge 2s proved it to beat Met Police Bushey 2s.
On what was a close, a muggy day at Spencer Playing Fields, Sandridge batted first on a flat track. The heat soon got the home batsman as wickets fell readily.
Sandridge found twice found themselves in deep trouble at 18-3 and then again at 72-7. It fell to number eight and nine batsmen, Colin Winton (19) and Tom Evans (32*) to show real grit and resolve to rescue the innings with a noteworthy rear guard defence as Sandridge closed on 145-9.
Catches win matches, however, and Sandridge fielders held their nerve time and again to give the away side no momemtum, taking a total of seven catches on the field. The ever-green Grham Perrin was the pick of the Sandridge bowlers, claiming 4-36 off his 15 overs.
Despite losing his partners with ever-increasing frequency, the away side’s classy opener carried his bat to run up a half century.
You may also want to watch:
The chase, however, proved to be futile. Met Police finished on 122 all out, 24 runs short of achieving the win.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success