Sandridge 2s take seven catches in win
- Credit: Archant
Catches win matches and Sandridge 2s proved it to beat Met Police Bushey 2s.
On what was a close, a muggy day at Spencer Playing Fields, Sandridge batted first on a flat track. The heat soon got the home batsman as wickets fell readily.
Sandridge found twice found themselves in deep trouble at 18-3 and then again at 72-7. It fell to number eight and nine batsmen, Colin Winton (19) and Tom Evans (32*) to show real grit and resolve to rescue the innings with a noteworthy rear guard defence as Sandridge closed on 145-9.
Catches win matches, however, and Sandridge fielders held their nerve time and again to give the away side no momemtum, taking a total of seven catches on the field. The ever-green Grham Perrin was the pick of the Sandridge bowlers, claiming 4-36 off his 15 overs.
Despite losing his partners with ever-increasing frequency, the away side’s classy opener carried his bat to run up a half century.
You may also want to watch:
The chase, however, proved to be futile. Met Police finished on 122 all out, 24 runs short of achieving the win.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space