Sandridge 2s bowl out Hatfield for 119 in five-wicket win
- Credit: Archant
Sandridge 2s bowled out Hatfield Hyde 2s for 119 in a five-wicket victory.
Sam Shephard led the bowling attack with 4-24 off his five overs, while Graham Perrin also picked up a four-fer.
Hatfield started well, reaching 45-1, but a collapse saw them all out for 119.
Sandridge’s reply started off badly before eventually building up a head of steam. Amit Parab and Matt Scott fell early but David Camm built a solid 29 before being caught at square leg.
It was left to number five Jack Shephard and Robert Eyre (8*) to see Sandridge over the line.
You may also want to watch:
Eyre’s resolute defensive play was the perfect foil for his skipper’s aggressive boundary-making shots. Jack Shepherd finished unbeaten on 34 to claim yet another victory.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre