Sandridge 2nds fail to build on shock win
Sandridge 2nds were brought back down with a massive bump on Saturday after a 24-run loss to Leverstock Green 3rds.
Last week Sandridge shocked league leaders Little Berkhamsted Sahibs but they couldn’t keep the momentum going.
Winning the toss, Leverstock Green were asked to bat on a dampish wicket and once again the Sandridge bowlers did their stuff, backed up by some superb outfield catching.
With the opposition on 51-7 an early finish looked possible, but some late tail end resistance saw Leverstock Green finish on 119.
The pick of the bowlers were Graham Perrin (5-40), Lewis Wynne (3-13) and Dave Camm (2-30).
Sandridge couldn’t have made a worse start to their reply, losing both openers without troubling the score.
Wickets continued to tumble as none of the Ridge batsmen could seem to get in and build a partnership. At 48-7 the game appeared to be over, but Andy Loe (30) and Calum Wilson (13) had other ideas as they began to hit aggressively.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 5 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 8 St Albans' Rachel Andrews stars alongside James Nesbitt and Eddie Izzard in new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
Just when it seemed there was a remote chance of victory, both perished as Sandridge were bowled out for 95.