Sandridge 2nds fail to build on shock win
Sandridge 2nds were brought back down with a massive bump on Saturday after a 24-run loss to Leverstock Green 3rds.
Last week Sandridge shocked league leaders Little Berkhamsted Sahibs but they couldn’t keep the momentum going.
Winning the toss, Leverstock Green were asked to bat on a dampish wicket and once again the Sandridge bowlers did their stuff, backed up by some superb outfield catching.
With the opposition on 51-7 an early finish looked possible, but some late tail end resistance saw Leverstock Green finish on 119.
The pick of the bowlers were Graham Perrin (5-40), Lewis Wynne (3-13) and Dave Camm (2-30).
Sandridge couldn’t have made a worse start to their reply, losing both openers without troubling the score.
Wickets continued to tumble as none of the Ridge batsmen could seem to get in and build a partnership. At 48-7 the game appeared to be over, but Andy Loe (30) and Calum Wilson (13) had other ideas as they began to hit aggressively.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 The Midwich Cuckoos: Keeley Hawes on Sky's gripping new drama adapted from John Wyndham’s sci-fi novel
- 9 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 10 Call for Government to review district housing targets
Just when it seemed there was a remote chance of victory, both perished as Sandridge were bowled out for 95.