Sandridge 2nds fail to build on shock win
Sandridge 2nds were brought back down with a massive bump on Saturday after a 24-run loss to Leverstock Green 3rds.
Last week Sandridge shocked league leaders Little Berkhamsted Sahibs but they couldn’t keep the momentum going.
Winning the toss, Leverstock Green were asked to bat on a dampish wicket and once again the Sandridge bowlers did their stuff, backed up by some superb outfield catching.
With the opposition on 51-7 an early finish looked possible, but some late tail end resistance saw Leverstock Green finish on 119.
The pick of the bowlers were Graham Perrin (5-40), Lewis Wynne (3-13) and Dave Camm (2-30).
You may also want to watch:
Sandridge couldn’t have made a worse start to their reply, losing both openers without troubling the score.
Wickets continued to tumble as none of the Ridge batsmen could seem to get in and build a partnership. At 48-7 the game appeared to be over, but Andy Loe (30) and Calum Wilson (13) had other ideas as they began to hit aggressively.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
Just when it seemed there was a remote chance of victory, both perished as Sandridge were bowled out for 95.