Sam Mardle resigns with ‘extremely heavy heart’ as manager of Colney Heath Ladies
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath Ladies are on the lookout for a new manager after Sam Mardle resigned from the role.
Mardle, who was at the helm as the lady Magpies climbed the leagues, said he didn’t take the decision lightly and was admitted it was taken with “an extremely heavy heart”.
In a statement released on the club’s Twitter account, he said: “I feel that a new voice with new ideas is best suited to take this extremely-talented squad forward.
“I’m pleased with what we achieved together. A promotion and a cup final in my first season as manager and I’m proud to have been a small cog in the wheel that has allowed the club to reach their highest ever level in the Eastern Region Premier Division.”
He thanked the committee and the club as well as reserving special praise for his players, saying he felt “privileged to have worked with all of you”.
You may also want to watch:
Early speculation has long-time supporter of the club Tony Kavanagh as favourite to take over.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season