Sam Doolan leaves Colney Heath to join up with the Jimmy Gray revolution at Hendon
- Credit: Archant
Sam Doolan has become one of Jimmy Gray’s first signings at new club Hendon.
The centre-half had originally decided to stay at Colney Heath but the lure of football in the Bostik Premier Division, two levels higher than the Magpies, proved too much of a carrot.
The former St Albans City manager took over the reigns at Silver Jubilee Park last month following the departure of long-time Greens boss Gary McCann.
And after clinching Doolan’s signature, Gray swooped for two familiar faces from his Clarence Park days in the shape of Lee Chappell and Howard Hall.
Colney Heath meanwhile have retained three of the young stars for the upcoming Spartan South Midlands Premier Division campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Isa Rotimi and Harry Shepherd made 43 appearances between them last year while Harry Lewis, who scored the first goal in the Herts Charity Shield final, has also rejoined.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 3 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans