Sam Doolan leaves Colney Heath to join up with the Jimmy Gray revolution at Hendon
- Credit: Archant
Sam Doolan has become one of Jimmy Gray’s first signings at new club Hendon.
The centre-half had originally decided to stay at Colney Heath but the lure of football in the Bostik Premier Division, two levels higher than the Magpies, proved too much of a carrot.
The former St Albans City manager took over the reigns at Silver Jubilee Park last month following the departure of long-time Greens boss Gary McCann.
And after clinching Doolan’s signature, Gray swooped for two familiar faces from his Clarence Park days in the shape of Lee Chappell and Howard Hall.
Colney Heath meanwhile have retained three of the young stars for the upcoming Spartan South Midlands Premier Division campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Isa Rotimi and Harry Shepherd made 43 appearances between them last year while Harry Lewis, who scored the first goal in the Herts Charity Shield final, has also rejoined.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district