Sam Doolan leaves Colney Heath to join up with the Jimmy Gray revolution at Hendon
- Credit: Archant
Sam Doolan has become one of Jimmy Gray’s first signings at new club Hendon.
The centre-half had originally decided to stay at Colney Heath but the lure of football in the Bostik Premier Division, two levels higher than the Magpies, proved too much of a carrot.
The former St Albans City manager took over the reigns at Silver Jubilee Park last month following the departure of long-time Greens boss Gary McCann.
And after clinching Doolan’s signature, Gray swooped for two familiar faces from his Clarence Park days in the shape of Lee Chappell and Howard Hall.
Colney Heath meanwhile have retained three of the young stars for the upcoming Spartan South Midlands Premier Division campaign.
Isa Rotimi and Harry Shepherd made 43 appearances between them last year while Harry Lewis, who scored the first goal in the Herts Charity Shield final, has also rejoined.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 10 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped