Sam Corcoran leaves St Albans City to join Hemel Hempstead Town
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City captain Sam Corcoran has become the latest name to leave Clarence Park – and has moved to rivals Hemel Hempstead Town.
A statement released on the club’s website said: “The club can announce that popular midfielder Sam Corcoran has turned down a new contract and has subsequently left Clarence Park.
“We would like to thank Sam for his contribution over the last 3 years and we wish him well for the future.”
Hemel Hempstead subsequently released a statement of their own, showing a list of retained and returning players, along with new signings, on which was the City skipper.
Corcoran follows assistant manager Harry Wheeler and goalkeeper Joe Welch out of the exit door at Clarence Park.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Ian Allinson has made a number of signings though with Shaun Lucien (Wealdstone), Ian Rees (Biggleswade Town) and James Russell (Boreham Wood) all joining the Saints this summer.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly