Sam Corcoran all set for a return to St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Sam Corcoran is all set to return to St Albans City but manager Ian Allinson has warned “it will be on my terms”.
Corcoran left Clarence Park in the summer for close rivals Hemel Hempstead Town, a move that did not sit well with the Saints gaffer.
But after a tough six months at Vauxhall Road, the former City skipper had his contract cancelled last week and was in City colours in the warm-up prior to the victory over Welling United on Tuesday night.
And it seems as if the way is clear for the midfielder to return.
“We’ve spoke to Sam for the last three or four weeks,” revealed Allinson. “He’s been calling us to find out what the situation was. He signed off his deal with Hemel last week and I spoke to him before Saturday and since Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s an opportunity there but as I’ve said to Sam, if he comes back, it will be on my terms.
“He decided to leave the club in the summer and he’s well aware how I feel about that. I made a statement at the beginning of the year that I didn’t think it would be right to bring someone back who didn’t want to be here but he’s been very apologetic in terms of he should never have left the club. He’s very apologetic in terms of he owes a few favours to people here and he wants to come back.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
“I’ve said I will speak to him over the next few days. Nothing’s concrete. I felt it was right he came along and did some training [before Welling]. We’ll have a conversation before the weekend and see where it takes us.
“But certainly where we are at the moment, a Sam Corcoran in our squad would be good for us but it will be on my terms and the club’s terms and not Sam Corcoran’s terms.
“Hopefully we can get something done before next week but that will happen over the next few days.”