Saints win at Knebworth
HSCL Division One Knebworth 2 St Peter s 3 St Peter s continue to challenge the leading pack in the Herts Senior County League Division One table following a 3-2 success at Knebworth. The hosts started on the front foot but captain Tony Gauthier and his d
HSCL Division One
Knebworth 2 St Peter's 3
St Peter's continue to challenge the leading pack in the Herts Senior County League Division One table following a 3-2 success at Knebworth.
The hosts started on the front foot but captain Tony Gauthier and his defence weren't troubled.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints struck first with James Lee heading home at the near post following Danny Blyth's corner.
It should have been two minutes later when Richard Ellis was fouled by the Knebworth goalkeeper but the stopper made amends saving Ellis' spot kick.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
Ellis wasn't to be denied though racing through and beating the goalkeeper to score his 11th goal from nine starts.
Blyth was forced off with a leg injury but that didn't stop the Saints opening up a three goal advantage with a strike from Matt Hatchett.
The Saints took their foot off the gas conceding two late goals.
This win stretches the Saints' unbeaten run to 10 games but they face a big challenge next week when they take on Leverstock Green Reserves in the Third Round of the Herts Intermediate Cup.
St Peter's: Barnes; T Gauthier, Wiltshire, Jones; Blyth (Stuart-Neal), Lyon, M Gauthier, Mardle; Ellis, Lee (Laffoley), M Hatchett.