Saints win at Knebworth
HSCL Division One Knebworth 2 St Peter s 3 St Peter s continue to challenge the leading pack in the Herts Senior County League Division One table following a 3-2 success at Knebworth. The hosts started on the front foot but captain Tony Gauthier and his d
HSCL Division One
Knebworth 2 St Peter's 3
St Peter's continue to challenge the leading pack in the Herts Senior County League Division One table following a 3-2 success at Knebworth.
The hosts started on the front foot but captain Tony Gauthier and his defence weren't troubled.
The Saints struck first with James Lee heading home at the near post following Danny Blyth's corner.
It should have been two minutes later when Richard Ellis was fouled by the Knebworth goalkeeper but the stopper made amends saving Ellis' spot kick.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Ellis wasn't to be denied though racing through and beating the goalkeeper to score his 11th goal from nine starts.
Blyth was forced off with a leg injury but that didn't stop the Saints opening up a three goal advantage with a strike from Matt Hatchett.
The Saints took their foot off the gas conceding two late goals.
This win stretches the Saints' unbeaten run to 10 games but they face a big challenge next week when they take on Leverstock Green Reserves in the Third Round of the Herts Intermediate Cup.
St Peter's: Barnes; T Gauthier, Wiltshire, Jones; Blyth (Stuart-Neal), Lyon, M Gauthier, Mardle; Ellis, Lee (Laffoley), M Hatchett.