Saints well beaten away at AFC Totton
ST ALBANS City crashed to a 3-0 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division defeat away at AFC Totton on Saturday.
It was the Saints first game for two weeks and they were caught napping with less than 10 minutes on the clock at the Testwood Stadium as a Mike Gosney’s free-kick was headed over keeper Nick Jupp and in by Jamie Whisken.
Things got even worse for David Howell’s City side as on 20 minutes Curtis Ujah gave away a penalty for upending Richard Gillespie and Gosney converted the spot-kick.
Just before the break St Albans had a sniff of goal when top scorer Lewis Toomey rounded keeper Gareth Barfoot but sent his effort off target.
The visitors had the greater of the possession after the break, but could not turn that into goals.
You may also want to watch:
In fact it was from one of their own attacks that Totton broke away and hammered in the final nail to the coffin with 20 minutes to play.
Dave Allen halted a City attack and fed Jon Davies, he was somehow allowed to run the length of the pitch and beat Jupp to net his side’s third of the afternoon.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 6 Shortages crisis hits district
- 7 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
City will get the chance to forget this game quickly as they travel away to Redditch United on Tuesday night before hosting Weymouth at Clarence Park on Saturday.