National League South: St Albans City 1 Eastbourne Borough 1 player ratings
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City looked to get back to winning ways when they entertained Eastbourne Borough in the Vanarama National League South. Read how Herts Advertiser’s NEIL METCALFE rated the players.
St Albans City:
Dean Snedker: 7 – Wasn’t called on to do too much but when he was he did it very well. Commanding in the air and one very good stop.
Ben Herd: 8 – Flew forward often and often to great effect. Clearly enjoys the more attacking role and after missing pre-season he is looking like he is getting up to speed.
Tom Bender: 7 – Dominant in the air when needed and put in one lovely cross for David Moyo in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
David Noble: 6 – Not his best day with passing but still completed a couple of trademark passes helped unlock the Eastbourne defence at times.
Richard Sho-Silva: 6 – Passing wasn’t up to much but he’s not in the team for that. Defended well when needed, always looks solid.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
Harold Joseph: 6 – Very unfortunate with the goal but that was one of a couple of times the ball skimmed off his head. Did keep Walker quiet throughout though which was part and parcel of his job.
Ben Wyatt: 8 – Man of the match for me and continues to impress when he plays. Dribbles well and crosses were normally on the money. Seems a natural for the left wing-back role.
Solomon Sambou: 6 – Slowly getting better this season and starting to stamp his undoubted talent on games. A few lapses when on the ball but will be a big boost for Saints if he continues this improvement.
Ralston Gabriel: 7 – Was described as a pest and his harrying brought the first goal. Did take to long on some occasions though when an early shot may have brought the reward. Will learn that though.
David Moyo: 6 – Worked the channels well but only had one sight of goal early in the game. A frustrating day for any striker but never complained and continued to work hard.
Percy Kiangebeni: 6 – The heartbeat of the City midfield and never stopped running. His passing wasn’t always the best mind but if he gets that right, he’ll be unstoppable.
89’ Sam Merson (n/a) on for David Moyo.
89’ Zane Banton (n/a) on for Percy Kiangebeni.