Saints swoop for former Watford star
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have moved to strengthen their squad with former Watford man, Al Bangura.
The midfielder made 62 appearances in the four years he spent at Vicarage Road, scoring one goal.
He then went on to represent Blackpool and Forest Green Rovers.
The 28-year-old had joined Coventry City last year on a short-term deal but chose to retire from football after that was not renewed.
Speaking on the club’s website, manager Harry Wheeler said: “Al is another good addition to the group.
“He’s experienced, very professional and gives us something different.
“He also has a desire to go back in to the professional game and push on so we have no doubt he will give everything to be at his best for the cause whilst he’s with us.”
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 3 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 4 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 5 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 6 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 St Albans city centre road closures reduce spaces for Blue Badge holders
- 10 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
The signing comes after Saints lost 4-1 to Oxford City on Saturday to leave them at the foot of the Vanarama National League South.