Saints swoop for former Watford star
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have moved to strengthen their squad with former Watford man, Al Bangura.
The midfielder made 62 appearances in the four years he spent at Vicarage Road, scoring one goal.
He then went on to represent Blackpool and Forest Green Rovers.
The 28-year-old had joined Coventry City last year on a short-term deal but chose to retire from football after that was not renewed.
Speaking on the club’s website, manager Harry Wheeler said: “Al is another good addition to the group.
You may also want to watch:
“He’s experienced, very professional and gives us something different.
“He also has a desire to go back in to the professional game and push on so we have no doubt he will give everything to be at his best for the cause whilst he’s with us.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
The signing comes after Saints lost 4-1 to Oxford City on Saturday to leave them at the foot of the Vanarama National League South.