Saints swoop for former Watford star
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have moved to strengthen their squad with former Watford man, Al Bangura.
The midfielder made 62 appearances in the four years he spent at Vicarage Road, scoring one goal.
He then went on to represent Blackpool and Forest Green Rovers.
The 28-year-old had joined Coventry City last year on a short-term deal but chose to retire from football after that was not renewed.
Speaking on the club’s website, manager Harry Wheeler said: “Al is another good addition to the group.
“He’s experienced, very professional and gives us something different.
“He also has a desire to go back in to the professional game and push on so we have no doubt he will give everything to be at his best for the cause whilst he’s with us.”
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
The signing comes after Saints lost 4-1 to Oxford City on Saturday to leave them at the foot of the Vanarama National League South.