Saints stumble to Sutton defeat - picture gallery
- Credit: Archant
It was a day to forget for St Albans City on Saturday as they went down to a heavy 5-0 defeat at Sutton United in the Vanarama National League South.
Unfortunately this will prove difficult as photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were at Gander Green Lane to capture the action.
The result leaves City in trouble at the bottom of the table. They remain in the relegation zone, two points from safety but having played more games than their rivals.
Saints fans will expect a much better performance when they face Hadley tomorrow (Tuesday) in the quarter final of the Herts Senior Cup.
Kick off is at 7.45pm,
You may also want to watch:
Their next league action is scheduled for this Saturday at Clarence Park against Weston-super-Mare.
However that game is dependant on the outcome of Weston’s game against Wealdstone in the FA Trophy.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
That game takes place tonight with a replay on Wednesday if needed.