Saints stumble to Sutton defeat - picture gallery
- Credit: Archant
It was a day to forget for St Albans City on Saturday as they went down to a heavy 5-0 defeat at Sutton United in the Vanarama National League South.
Unfortunately this will prove difficult as photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were at Gander Green Lane to capture the action.
The result leaves City in trouble at the bottom of the table. They remain in the relegation zone, two points from safety but having played more games than their rivals.
Saints fans will expect a much better performance when they face Hadley tomorrow (Tuesday) in the quarter final of the Herts Senior Cup.
Kick off is at 7.45pm,
Their next league action is scheduled for this Saturday at Clarence Park against Weston-super-Mare.
However that game is dependant on the outcome of Weston’s game against Wealdstone in the FA Trophy.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 6 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 7 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 8 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 9 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
That game takes place tonight with a replay on Wednesday if needed.