Saints stumble to Sutton defeat - picture gallery
- Credit: Archant
It was a day to forget for St Albans City on Saturday as they went down to a heavy 5-0 defeat at Sutton United in the Vanarama National League South.
Unfortunately this will prove difficult as photographers Leigh Page and Bob Walkley were at Gander Green Lane to capture the action.
The result leaves City in trouble at the bottom of the table. They remain in the relegation zone, two points from safety but having played more games than their rivals.
Saints fans will expect a much better performance when they face Hadley tomorrow (Tuesday) in the quarter final of the Herts Senior Cup.
Kick off is at 7.45pm,
You may also want to watch:
Their next league action is scheduled for this Saturday at Clarence Park against Weston-super-Mare.
However that game is dependant on the outcome of Weston’s game against Wealdstone in the FA Trophy.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
That game takes place tonight with a replay on Wednesday if needed.