Saints slump to loss
Division One Totteridge Millhillians 197-7 (51) St Albans 166-10 (41.3) TOTTERIDGE Millhilians won the toss and chose to bat against St Albans and got off to a good start, until Jones and Hussain combined to slow the run rate. They eventually reached 19
Totteridge Millhillians 197-7 (51)
St Albans 166-10 (41.3)
TOTTERIDGE Millhilians won the toss and chose to bat against St Albans and got off to a good start, until Jones and Hussain combined to slow the run rate.
You may also want to watch:
They eventually reached 197-7, with O'Brien (56 not out) and Hussain (56) conrtibuting the most, but it looked like an average score, the wickets being shared between Surrey off spinner Murtaza Hussain, Martin Jones and Yasir Arafat.
However, the top order batsmen quickly perished due to poor shot selection and at 36-6 it looked like a drubbing. Saints managed to scrape to 167, with 75 from Martin Jones the only score of note. Lee Hogson took 6 for 29 for Totteridge.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
St Albans are now in danger of slipping back into mid-table if they do not beat St Margretsbury at Clarence Park on Saturday.
l With the second team's game abandoned, St Albans III took on Reed II in Division Seven.
Reed batted first and struggled to 144-8 off 46 overs, with Saints cruising to the win on 145-3 of 38.2.
l After losing the toss on a very moist Rothamsted wicket, the St Albans IV bowlers set about their task with purpose inDivision 10, bowling Kings Langley III all out for 163.
With an inexperienced side the total was never going to be straightforward but was duly reached 27 overs later with a straight six to deep long on by Baber Zaman (41 not out).