Saints slump to defeat at Bideford
A DANNY Gordon own goal sent St Albans City down to a 1-0 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division defeat to lowly Bideford on Saturday.
The result sees The Saints remain sixth in the table, but now means they have recorded just one win from their last seven league matches.
The side from Clarence Park had hoped to get back on track and pick up all three points from their long trip to Devon against a team who were second bottom from the table and without a clean sheet all season.
However, City, without injured top scorer Lewis Toomey, struggled to make an impact in the final third throughout the match managing to hit the home target just once in the 90 minutes.
The only goal of the game came on 72 minutes as a Connor Clifford corner was turned into his own goal by Gordon, with home full-back Rob Farkins also claiming the final touch.
You may also want to watch:
City are back in home action on Saturday as they host Chippenham Town looking to put an end to their disappointing run.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high