Saints slump to defeat at Bideford
A DANNY Gordon own goal sent St Albans City down to a 1-0 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division defeat to lowly Bideford on Saturday.
The result sees The Saints remain sixth in the table, but now means they have recorded just one win from their last seven league matches.
The side from Clarence Park had hoped to get back on track and pick up all three points from their long trip to Devon against a team who were second bottom from the table and without a clean sheet all season.
However, City, without injured top scorer Lewis Toomey, struggled to make an impact in the final third throughout the match managing to hit the home target just once in the 90 minutes.
The only goal of the game came on 72 minutes as a Connor Clifford corner was turned into his own goal by Gordon, with home full-back Rob Farkins also claiming the final touch.
You may also want to watch:
City are back in home action on Saturday as they host Chippenham Town looking to put an end to their disappointing run.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book