Saints slip to defeat at Bashley
ST Albans City fell to a 2-0 Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division defeat at Bashley on Saturday as U18 coach Graham Golds and first team skipper James Gray managed the team following the sacking of David Howell.
The duo have been temporarily installed to lead the Saints while the club looks for a new manager, an announcement on this is expected this week.
Their short tenure at the helm was marked with a defeat after The Bash netted at the end of each half through Mark Gamble to secure all three points.
The result was City’s fifth in the league without a win and their third loss on the trot, a run which has seen them slide out of the play-off places and down to ninth.
City return to action Tuesday night as they host a Watford XI in the Herts Senior Challenge Cup, kick-off 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Saints are also at home on Saturday as they entertain second in the table Leamington.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans