Saints slip to defeat
HSCL Division One St Peter s 0 Whitwell AFC 2 A GOAL in each half condemned St Peter s to defeat against fourth placed Whitwell. A great deal of effort was put in by the club to get the game on but unfortunately the performance on the field by the players
HSCL Division One
St Peter's 0 Whitwell AFC 2
A GOAL in each half condemned St Peter's to defeat against fourth placed Whitwell.
A great deal of effort was put in by the club to get the game on but unfortunately the performance on the field by the players failed to match the good work behind the scenes.
You may also want to watch:
A few months ago Dave Whitehead's team were in a rich vein of form but since weather disruptions and heavier pitches the Saints have struggled to perform on a regular basis.
On Saturday St Peter's failed to test the goalkeeper and apart from a Nathan Sandiford effort, which had to be scrambled off the line, they never looked like scoring.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Half an hour in Whitwell hit their hosts on the counter attack and a left wing cross was headed home by a visiting striker.
A controversial penalty kick allowed Whitwell to double their advantage and killed off any hopes of a Saints revival.
The defeat was the first time the Saints have failed to find the net since mid-September and realistically ended the Saints' interest in securing a top three finish. Next weekend they welcome near neighbours AFC Hatfield Town to Lemsford (KO 3pm).
St Peters: Barnes; Mardle, T Gauthier, Wiltshire, Jones; Laffoley (Lee), Stuart-Neal, Blyth, Eames (M Gauthier); Ellis, Sandiford (Goodchild).