Chidy Chid bang bang! St Albans City swoop for two strikers
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
St Albans City have brought in the first new faces of the summer after signing two strikers.
Joseph Chidyausiku and Chid Onokwai have moved to Clarence Park from Chelmsford City and Haringey Borough respectively.
Onokwai hit 10 goals in 10 games for the Isthmian League Premier Division side before injury halted that run in November. He took that tally to 14 after returning to fitness before the season was cut short.
Prior to that he was with FC Romania scoring more than 30 times.
Chidyausiku has been training with former Saints striker Junior Morias prior to the move and impressed during this period.
You may also want to watch:
He has also had spells at Bracknell Town, Bradford Park Avenue, Havant & Waterlooville and Romford.
City manager Ian Allinson said: “Both of these players are very keen to learn and while they already have a certain performance level, we’re hoping they can really flourish at the club with quality players around them.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
“Chid is a proven goalscorer and I’m confident he can make the step up to really make his mark. He’s tall, strong and importantly I believe he brings a desire and will be a real handful for defenders, make no mistake.
“With regards to Joseph He’s another young lad who comes highly thought of and we looked at his attributes and believe he’s got talent we can nurture and improve.
“He didn’t really get a look-in at Chelmsford but considering he was behind Leroy Lita, Shaun Jeffers and Sam Higgins, it was only to be expected.
“Rod Stringer still speaks highly of him and he’s a player I’m happy to have at the club.”
The two new faces both took to social media in the wake of their moves.
Speaking on Twitter Onokwai said: “I’d like to thank everyone in the Haringey Borough family, especially the fans for making it the most enjoyable year I’ve had in football.
“I now look forward to meeting the new faces and scoring more goals at St Albans City in due time.”
Chidyausiku meanwhile said: “Delighted to continue my journey with St Albans City. Onwards and upwards as the hard work continues.”