Saints set to bring back goalkeeper Coulton
- Credit: Archant
Tom Coulton is expected to sign National League South papers with St Albans City this week.
The goalkeeper was released at the end of the last campaign so he could look for regular first-team football.
Coulton has been excellent for the Saints during pre-season in Joe Welch’s stead after failing to sign for a club at a higher enough level, according to joint manager James Gray, who has welcomed him back with open arms.
“He’ll be putting pen to paper,” said Gray.
“He was superb [against Woking] - his handling was good, his kicking was decent and we’re pleased to have him back and pushing Welchy for a start.”
You may also want to watch:
Coulton could be given the start tomorrow night against Ware, where he spent last season on dual registration, in the Herts Charity Cup. Kick-off is 7.45pm.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award