Saints set to bring back goalkeeper Coulton
- Credit: Archant
Tom Coulton is expected to sign National League South papers with St Albans City this week.
The goalkeeper was released at the end of the last campaign so he could look for regular first-team football.
Coulton has been excellent for the Saints during pre-season in Joe Welch’s stead after failing to sign for a club at a higher enough level, according to joint manager James Gray, who has welcomed him back with open arms.
“He’ll be putting pen to paper,” said Gray.
“He was superb [against Woking] - his handling was good, his kicking was decent and we’re pleased to have him back and pushing Welchy for a start.”
You may also want to watch:
Coulton could be given the start tomorrow night against Ware, where he spent last season on dual registration, in the Herts Charity Cup. Kick-off is 7.45pm.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre