Saints set to bring back goalkeeper Coulton
- Credit: Archant
Tom Coulton is expected to sign National League South papers with St Albans City this week.
The goalkeeper was released at the end of the last campaign so he could look for regular first-team football.
Coulton has been excellent for the Saints during pre-season in Joe Welch’s stead after failing to sign for a club at a higher enough level, according to joint manager James Gray, who has welcomed him back with open arms.
“He’ll be putting pen to paper,” said Gray.
“He was superb [against Woking] - his handling was good, his kicking was decent and we’re pleased to have him back and pushing Welchy for a start.”
Coulton could be given the start tomorrow night against Ware, where he spent last season on dual registration, in the Herts Charity Cup. Kick-off is 7.45pm.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group