Saints set for Bognor clash
ST Albans City go in search of three valuable points at fellow relegation battlers Bognor Regis Town on Saturday in the Blue Square South. The Saints have risen to 17th place, three points above the relegation zone and just one point above Bognor
ST Albans City go in search of three valuable points at fellow relegation battlers Bognor Regis Town on Saturday in the Blue Square South.
The Saints have risen to 17th place, three points above the relegation zone and just one point above Bognor with four matches remaining.
Struggling Weston-super-Mare lost to Eastbourne Borough at home on Monday. Weston led with a goal inside 10 minutes but two second half goals handed the promotion chasers the points. Weston are now 19th on 35 points but have six games remaining. They go away to Cambridge City on Saturday.
Dorchester Town are perilously close to the drop after going down 4-0 at Eastbourne on Saturday. Town face Hayes & Yeading United at home on Saturday and are seven points adrift of safety with four to play. Maidenhead United occupy 20th position with five matches to play and are currently one point behind Weston-super-Mare. Play off contenders Bishop's Stortford go to Maidenhead on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
City will again be without the suspended Ryan Frater at Bognor but midfielder Paul Bruce is in contention for a start after playing 68 minutes of the Capital League reserve fixture against Harlow Town Reserves at Clarence Park on Tuesday. James Quilter, Hamza Twomey, Alex Olcot and Simon Martin also had run outs in the fixture. Martin scored for Saints with a looping header in the first half before Harlow hit back to level and claim a point.
Winger Hassan Sulaiman is expected to miss out on Saturday with a hamstring problem. Striker Paul Hakim and midfielder Luke Thurlbourne are both on nine cautions and will face bans if they are booked on Saturday. Midfielder Bruce is on 14 bookings and would start a three-match ban on the last day of the season if he picked up a 15th yellow card at Bognor.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads