Saints see off local rivals
PSF St Peter s 4 London Colney Reserves 3 ST PETER S won a high scoring friendly fixture at Francis Bacon School playing fields on Saturday, overcoming local rivals London Colney Reserves. Both sides were well and truly stretched to field a side, but hav
St Peter's 4
London Colney Reserves 3
ST PETER'S won a high scoring friendly fixture at Francis Bacon School playing fields on Saturday, overcoming local rivals London Colney Reserves.
Both sides were well and truly stretched to field a side, but having done so, produced a worthwhile run out although some of the defending was very generous.
Goals were a plenty as the half time scoreline read 3-3, with guest Eamonn Rogers giving the Saints an early lead thanks to a well placed header.
- 1 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 2 Pest controller fights back against negative reviews
- 3 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 4 Club night revival in St Albans
- 5 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
- 6 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 7 Hitchin & Harpenden MP Bim Afolami resigns as Tory vice chair live on air
- 8 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 9 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 10 Man stabbed in St Albans
The visitors took advantage of some slack Saints' defending to go 2-1 in front but Craig Linnie levelled matters.
Colney then regained the lead only for an own goal by Anthony Donnelly to end the first half scoring at 3-3.
Goal-bound efforts were not so plentiful in the second half although the game was settled late on thanks to Saints striker Mark Savory.
Manager, Dave Whitehead, was pleased with the effort put in by his relatively young side but was still on the lookout for new players to strengthen his squad.
Next weekend the Saints entertain another local outfit in Sandridge Rovers Reserves at Francis Bacon School (ko 2.30pm).
Last weekend the Saints and London Road (Sat) stood in silence for a former member of both clubs, Dean Bozier, who died at the young age of 43.
His service took place last Tuesday.