Saints secure away win
HSCL Division One Allenburys Sports 2 St Peter s 3 THREE second half goals helped St Peter s record their second away win of the season at Allenburys Sports. Realistically the game should have been all over in the first half but the Saints failed to take
HSCL Division One
Allenburys Sports 2 St Peter's 3
THREE second half goals helped St Peter's record their second away win of the season at Allenburys Sports.
Realistically the game should have been all over in the first half but the Saints failed to take their chances.
The Saints played some nice inter-passing and it was just the final pass and some erratic shooting that proved their downfall before the interval.
An early goal after the break pushed the Saints in the right direction; Mark Savory heading home a left wing corner.
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 4 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 5 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 6 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 7 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 10 Bahá’ís bring bench to St Albans parkland
Having dictated the game at this stage, it was a shock when Allenburys equalised following Saints' poor response to a long ball into their area.
The Saints didn't let this get them down and they came back to score twice past the home side's substitute 'keeper.
Defender Matt Hatchett followed up his own parried effort to restore the Saints lead and a pin-point cross from sub Nathan Sandiford was headed home by Richard Burr to extend that lead.
Several other easy chances went begging and some sloppy play in their own area resulted in a second goal for the home side making the scoreline closer than it actually was.
The Saints welcome Bushey Rangers to Lemsford this weekend with kick-off at 3pm.
St Peter's: B Barnes; M Hatchett, T Gauthier, Wiltshire; J Hatchett, Burr, Nicholls, Mardle; Blyth, Savory, Eames. Subs: Sandiford, Lee, Laffoley.