Saints sail past Wimbledon
- Credit: Archant
SAINTS’ game was a slow-burner in unusually cold conditions.
Having chosen to play into the wind in the first half, Saints and their visitors were fairly evenly matched.
Number 8, Sarah Bebbington, put Saints ahead with a try in the 13th minute after a line-break in the centre.
The other highlight of the first half was a fearsome hand-off from full-back Kate Barnes on one of her frequent kick-returns.
After a few choice words at half time and with the leadership of Bethan Jones at scrum half controlling the pack, OAs emerged to dominate the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Scores were made through centre Robyn King, winger Alice Finn and Bebbington’s second and third try to complete her hat-trick as Saints ran out 29-0 victors.
OA Saints coach, Stuart McIntyre said it was a great team performance.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
“We controlled the game in terms of territory and scored some well structured tries. I am pleased that we are putting our training into practise,” he said.
Forward and back of the match was awarded to Bebbington and Jones respectively.
OAs are now in fourth place with three games in hand on the leaders, Blackheath Ladies.