Saints ready for Tudors cup visit
- Credit: Archant
ST Albans City will be looking to reach the final four of the Herts Senior Cup as they host Hemel Hempstead Town in the quarter-final tonight (Tuesday).
The Tudors are second in the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division so will be a tough nut for the ninth-placed Saints to crack.
Defender Moussa Diarra left City for Town earlier this month, however he is cup-tied after turning out for St Albans against Watford XI in the previous round so will not feature.
St Albans go into the match having not had a competitive game since the 1-1 league draw with Hitchin Town on January 12.
Their last fixture to be postponed due to snow and ice was the away match with Kettering Town on Saturday.
However, James Gray and Graham Golds’ troops did draw 0-0 with SSML Premier Division side London Colney in a friendly on Saturday at Barnet FC’s The Hive complex in Edgware.
On show were new signings Joe Bruce, Brad Watkins, Ryan Wharton and Charlie Dove.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 10 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
Keep an eye on our Twitter page @HertsAdSport for updates from tonight’s match.