Saints put poor record to bed
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 6 Bedwell Rangers 1 ST PETER S recorded only their third league success of the campaign as they comfortably saw off fellow strugglers Bedwell Rangers at Lemsford on Saturday. The Saints have been short of
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 6 Bedwell Rangers 1
ST PETER'S recorded only their third league success of the campaign as they comfortably saw off fellow strugglers Bedwell Rangers at Lemsford on Saturday.
The Saints have been short of goals all season but in their last two games have managed to hit 10, conceding just two in the process.
You may also want to watch:
Leading the goal rush was striker John Thompson who hit four, supported by a brace from Danny Blyth. The game was as good as over at half time with Saints 3-0 up and looking comfortable. Blyth opened the scoring after five minutes with a shot that squeezed under the 'keeper and rolled over the line. Thompson picked his spot for number two and before the break, Blyth was on target again, finishing off a cross from debutant right back Glen Monaghan.
A crossfield pass from Marlon Jones gave Thompson the fourth before the visitors got a consolation goal from a corner. Thompson completed his hat trick with a cheeky header from a Dominic Bradshaw cross and it was 6-1 late on when he was again on target.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
A sterner test awaits the Saints on Saturday when they travel to Sarratt for a 2pm kick off. Manager Mitch Morris is hopeful his team are gradually turning the corner despite the loss of several players but a number of new recruits are looking promising for the club.