Saints put poor record to bed
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 6 Bedwell Rangers 1 ST PETER S recorded only their third league success of the campaign as they comfortably saw off fellow strugglers Bedwell Rangers at Lemsford on Saturday. The Saints have been short of
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 6 Bedwell Rangers 1
ST PETER'S recorded only their third league success of the campaign as they comfortably saw off fellow strugglers Bedwell Rangers at Lemsford on Saturday.
The Saints have been short of goals all season but in their last two games have managed to hit 10, conceding just two in the process.
Leading the goal rush was striker John Thompson who hit four, supported by a brace from Danny Blyth. The game was as good as over at half time with Saints 3-0 up and looking comfortable. Blyth opened the scoring after five minutes with a shot that squeezed under the 'keeper and rolled over the line. Thompson picked his spot for number two and before the break, Blyth was on target again, finishing off a cross from debutant right back Glen Monaghan.
A crossfield pass from Marlon Jones gave Thompson the fourth before the visitors got a consolation goal from a corner. Thompson completed his hat trick with a cheeky header from a Dominic Bradshaw cross and it was 6-1 late on when he was again on target.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
A sterner test awaits the Saints on Saturday when they travel to Sarratt for a 2pm kick off. Manager Mitch Morris is hopeful his team are gradually turning the corner despite the loss of several players but a number of new recruits are looking promising for the club.