Saints promotion bid remains on track
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 1 Belstone 0
A FIRST half penalty converted by Jamie Rayner was enough for St Peter’s to take all three points from local rivals Belstone.
The Saints turned in a disciplined performance despite being forced into changes due to injury. Play throughout was end-to-end and competitive with the Saints creating the better of the scoring opportunities.
Richard Ellis and Jamie Eames were both went close before Rayner netted the decisive spot kick.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the visitors fashioned a couple of chances but the Saints defence dealt well with the threat while Eames and Ellis both saw efforts hit the woodwork.
The Saints finish their campaign on Saturday when they travel to Mill End Sports.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
St Peter’s: Barnes; Gauthier, Carman, Wiltshire; C Eames, Beswick, Rayner (Cunningham), Jones; Sandiford (Easter), Ellis, J Eames. Sub not used: Cox.
* Saints had to settle for a point from their game with Mill End Sports last Tuesday.
Winston Taylor had put the home side ahead and they looked on course for all three points until the visitors headed home an equaliser ten minutes from time.