Saints promotion bid remains on track
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 1 Belstone 0
A FIRST half penalty converted by Jamie Rayner was enough for St Peter’s to take all three points from local rivals Belstone.
The Saints turned in a disciplined performance despite being forced into changes due to injury. Play throughout was end-to-end and competitive with the Saints creating the better of the scoring opportunities.
Richard Ellis and Jamie Eames were both went close before Rayner netted the decisive spot kick.
After the break the visitors fashioned a couple of chances but the Saints defence dealt well with the threat while Eames and Ellis both saw efforts hit the woodwork.
The Saints finish their campaign on Saturday when they travel to Mill End Sports.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 St Albans SustFest kicks off in style
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
St Peter’s: Barnes; Gauthier, Carman, Wiltshire; C Eames, Beswick, Rayner (Cunningham), Jones; Sandiford (Easter), Ellis, J Eames. Sub not used: Cox.
* Saints had to settle for a point from their game with Mill End Sports last Tuesday.
Winston Taylor had put the home side ahead and they looked on course for all three points until the visitors headed home an equaliser ten minutes from time.