Saints promotion bid remains on track
HSCL Division One
St Peter’s 1 Belstone 0
A FIRST half penalty converted by Jamie Rayner was enough for St Peter’s to take all three points from local rivals Belstone.
The Saints turned in a disciplined performance despite being forced into changes due to injury. Play throughout was end-to-end and competitive with the Saints creating the better of the scoring opportunities.
Richard Ellis and Jamie Eames were both went close before Rayner netted the decisive spot kick.
You may also want to watch:
After the break the visitors fashioned a couple of chances but the Saints defence dealt well with the threat while Eames and Ellis both saw efforts hit the woodwork.
The Saints finish their campaign on Saturday when they travel to Mill End Sports.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
St Peter’s: Barnes; Gauthier, Carman, Wiltshire; C Eames, Beswick, Rayner (Cunningham), Jones; Sandiford (Easter), Ellis, J Eames. Sub not used: Cox.
* Saints had to settle for a point from their game with Mill End Sports last Tuesday.
Winston Taylor had put the home side ahead and they looked on course for all three points until the visitors headed home an equaliser ten minutes from time.