Saints notch fifth straight victory after thumping Allenburys Sports
HSCL Division One St Peters 6 Allenburys Sports 0 ST PETER S secured another convincing win, scoring six goals to defeat Allenburys Sports. The success was built around a good team effort and was their fifth victory on the spin amassing no fewer than 23 g
HSCL Division One
St Peters 6 Allenburys Sports 0
ST PETER'S secured another convincing win, scoring six goals to defeat Allenburys Sports.
The success was built around a good team effort and was their fifth victory on the spin amassing no fewer than 23 goals during that period.
Although dictating the early stages of the game, St Peter's failed to find their shooting boots with Richard Ellis coming the nearest to scoring when striking a post from 10 yards out.
Eventually the Saints pressure paid off following a penalty decision after Nathan Sandiford had been brought down in the box. Ellis easily converted the spot kick to make it 1-0.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 Hospices announce plans to join forces
The same player made it 2-0 shortly after with an excellent finish, enabling the Saints to go into the interval in a comfortable position.
An early second half goal virtually ended the visitors' interest in the game as a fine bit of control and a deadly finish from James Lee made it 3-0.
Matt Hatchett, returning to the side after several weeks absence, notched a personal double - one an excellent header, the other a near post volley.
In between Hatchett's strikes, Sandiford grabbed his first goal of the season to cap another good performance.
Goalkeeper Billy Barnes had an easy afternoon between the sticks thanks to a solid performance from defenders Tony Gauthier, Dean Jones and Ross Wiltshire.
Managers Dave Whitehead and Kevin Barnes are delighted with their side's progress but realise bigger challenges face the Saints in the coming weeks starting with next weekend's trip to high-flying newcomers Whitwell AFC (KO 2pm).
St Peters: Barnes; T Gauthier, Jones, Wiltshire; Sandiford (Laffoley), Eames (Greaney), Stuart-Neal, M Hatchett, Mardle; Lee (M Gauthier), Ellis. Sub not used: J Hatchett.