Saints need your support for six-pointer
Lewes match preview
Blue Square Bet South
St Albans City v Lewes
THE Saints will be looking to get back to winning ways when Lewes visit Clarence Park on Saturday.
THE LOWDOWN: Tim O’Shea’s side currently find themselves rooted to the foot of the Blue Square Bet South table after a poor run of form. Lewes are seven points adrift from safety after five straight league defeats with their last Blue Square Bet South victory coming against the Saints on November 13.
You may also want to watch:
Boss O’Shea has been busy remoulding his squad in the last few weeks with a number of players heading both in and out of the club.
In to the club have come George Barker, Ishmael Welsh, Jean Sylvan Dossou, Grant Hall, Ali Fuseini, James Rowe and Ashley Robinson while Paul Olima, Rob Gradwell and Jermaine Wright have all headed out of the door.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
PLAYER TO WATCH: Tom Murphy is the Rooks’ leading goalscorer this season with five goals.
The former Gillingham youngster arrived at The Dripping Pan in the summer after making just one appearance for the Gills’ first team.
LAST LINEUP – vs. Staines: Winterton; Barness, Hall, Breach, Cobbs, Wheeler, Wright, Fuseini, Welsh, Barker, Godfrey.
LAST TIME: City slumped to a 3-1 defeat when they made the trip to The Dripping Pan in November.
A brace from Paul Olima and one from debutant Ben Godfrey gave Lewes the points with Adam Everitt’s late header all City could muster. Everitt was then sent off after collecting a second yellow card.
The Rooks last visit to Clarence Park came back in August 2009 when Mark Peters’ injury-time header denied the Sussex outfit all three points.
TEAM NEWS: The Saints have got pretty much a full strength squad to choose from for Saturday’s game. Solomon Shields is pushing for a start of making his return from injury last week while David Galbraith and Ross Dedman will be hoping for at least a spot in the matchday squad.
One time Saints’ target Rob Gradwell won’t be involved for the visitors after he left the club by mutual consent on Thursday.
* There will be no CITYLIVE coverage for this game.