Saints need new signings to pitch in for future
Herts Senior County League Division One Old Parmiterians v St Peter s ST Peter s are desperately looking for players to bolster their ranks after they were forced to cancel their clash with Old Parmiterians on Saturday. Founded in 1902, St Peter's
Herts Senior County League Division One
Old Parmiterians v St Peter's
ST Peter's are desperately looking for players to bolster their ranks after they were forced to cancel their clash with Old Parmiterians on Saturday.
Founded in 1902, St Peter's is in danger of going out of existence if more players cannot be found to bolster the depleted squad. Manager Mitch Morris had just six players for the fixture on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The club has lost goalkeeper Colin Pigott due to work commitments and had already lost last season's regular goalkeeper Johnny Shearer to Premier Division side Lemsford. Youngster Chris Coruana has departed for university and Darren Shea is facing a month on the sidelines after going off injured in the previous match.
Saints were also missing defenders Matt Gauthier and Craig Chapman due to injury, with Tony Gauthier suspended and Anthony Farron unavailable. Regulars Richard Ellis, Martin Canaway and Sean Workman have all left the club in recent weeks.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Chairman John Lister said: "As a former player, and now chairman of the club, I have been associated with St Peter's FC, in numerous capacities for nearly 50 years and fear for the long term future of the club. Action is required immediately to overcome the present situation, within the club by the officials and players pulling together more than ever."
Telephone John Lister on 01727 850246 or 07708 562 214 for more information about the joining or assisting the club. Saints face Hitchin Town Arena with a 3pm kick off at home on Saturday.