Saints lose out to Rangers
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 0 Bushey Rangers 2 Playing their first home game for several weeks, St Peter s failed to maintain their recent good form. As in most of their fixtures this season, the Saints have been crying out for a st
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 0 Bushey Rangers 2
Playing their first home game for several weeks, St Peter's failed to maintain their recent good form.
As in most of their fixtures this season, the Saints have been crying out for a striker who can finish off many good moves created.
You may also want to watch:
This was the case on Saturday against a side who with only 11 players lost one to injury during the first half leaving them to play the remainder of the game a man down.
An early goal gave the visitors a lift, when stand-in goalkeeper Chris Eames was unable to hold onto a shot and a Bushey attacker put away the rebound.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Eames, normally an attacking midfield player, replaced regular goalkeeper Billy Barnes who has joined Borehamwood FC.
Eames was rarely tested but his team-mates were finding it hard to break down a stubborn rearguard.
Sam Mardle and Nathan Sandiford both saw efforts hit the woodwork and a blatant handball on the goal-line also rescued the visitors.
As the Saints pushed for an equaliser they left themselves open to a counter attack and Bushey took advantage to net a second.
Management duo Dave Whitehead and Kevin Barnes are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper as well as a striker who can finish off the numerous chances created. The two players could be the finishing touch to a team that is not too far away from being a good side.
This Saturday the Saints entertain Walkern Rangers at Lemsford, kick off at 3pm.
St Peter's: C Eames; T Gauthier, M Hatchett, Wiltshire; Sandiford, Blyth, Burr, Mardle (J Hatchett), J Eames; Nicholls, Lee (Greaney). Subs not used: M Gauthier, Laffoley, McDonald.