Saints lose out to Rangers
Herts Senior County League Division One St Peter s 0 Bushey Rangers 2 Playing their first home game for several weeks, St Peter s failed to maintain their recent good form. As in most of their fixtures this season, the Saints have been crying out for a st
Herts Senior County League Division One
St Peter's 0 Bushey Rangers 2
Playing their first home game for several weeks, St Peter's failed to maintain their recent good form.
As in most of their fixtures this season, the Saints have been crying out for a striker who can finish off many good moves created.
You may also want to watch:
This was the case on Saturday against a side who with only 11 players lost one to injury during the first half leaving them to play the remainder of the game a man down.
An early goal gave the visitors a lift, when stand-in goalkeeper Chris Eames was unable to hold onto a shot and a Bushey attacker put away the rebound.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans
- 10 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
Eames, normally an attacking midfield player, replaced regular goalkeeper Billy Barnes who has joined Borehamwood FC.
Eames was rarely tested but his team-mates were finding it hard to break down a stubborn rearguard.
Sam Mardle and Nathan Sandiford both saw efforts hit the woodwork and a blatant handball on the goal-line also rescued the visitors.
As the Saints pushed for an equaliser they left themselves open to a counter attack and Bushey took advantage to net a second.
Management duo Dave Whitehead and Kevin Barnes are on the lookout for a new goalkeeper as well as a striker who can finish off the numerous chances created. The two players could be the finishing touch to a team that is not too far away from being a good side.
This Saturday the Saints entertain Walkern Rangers at Lemsford, kick off at 3pm.
St Peter's: C Eames; T Gauthier, M Hatchett, Wiltshire; Sandiford, Blyth, Burr, Mardle (J Hatchett), J Eames; Nicholls, Lee (Greaney). Subs not used: M Gauthier, Laffoley, McDonald.